Here came the tricky bit, Mapping the tree proved to be more of a challenge than I thought, I tries several methods of making a good map, like running a seam throughout the whole thing apart from the top. But I ad so much distortion. I ended up putting loads of seams at the base of the tree, so all the roots could open up and fan out. And also one at the top.
And then I made the displacement map, which was pretty easy. I had to go to a tutorial again though because the first one I made was very weak. Seems there was just a few things I needed to check in the boxes.
And here it is back into maya! I imported the OBJ from zbrush that was UV mapped of course. I couldn't even fathom trying to map that in maya. I must improve on my mapping skills. It took a while to get the displacement spot on but Im very happy with the result. And the seam that runs up the back... you can hardly see anything!
No comments:
Post a Comment